Back in 2007,
Dr. Robert Lazzara decided to found a company that set out to provide state-of-the-art medical content to internet users anywhere in the world.
Incidentally that same year Apple introduced the first iPhone.
These two facts were the foundation of the idea to create a live stream video recording broadcasted directly to these new iPhones through the use of a custom built mobile application.
Some of the obstacles that needed to be scaled were:
- – Hospital network security and bureaucracy.
- – Mobile video decoding and compression.
- – Development of a mobile and live streaming application that runs on a 2008 iPhone.
- – Setting up professional camera equipment all over a high-tech surgical operating room without compromising the workflow of the medical staff
- – mixing the video and audio to the web server for the live stream right outside of the operating room
Ultimately during the course of the surgical procedure we catered to pre-selected high profile viewers all over the United States, Canada, Europe and China without a glitch.
Take a look at the video here produced by Michael Ingram